September 2018 updates-NEW
- Access the Summary of Revisions to the Safety Guidelines for 2018/2019 in PDF! ON ophea WEBSITE
- New revised Concussion Protocol and implementation tools now available.
- Access the revision summary, What’s Changed in the Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines Concussion Protocol and Implementation Tools?
- Please note the Safety Guidelines App is discontinued. Offline module access coming soon.
- New Principal/Designate section now available.
- Recognize Rowan’s Law Day at your school! Rowan’s Law Day Toolkit for Schools coming soon.
- Rowans law toolkit– https://teachingtools.ophea.net/sites/default/files/pdf/ophea_rowansday_campaignkit_toolkit_en_1.pdf
A note about Rowans Law prior to passing March 6th. 2017
Developed to increase awareness and understanding of concussion, and the method and strategies to be used for identification and appropriate management. The module also includes strategies and resources to assist in the education of concussion prevention. This e-learning module is intended for all school staff including educators, administrators and support staff. For more information please visit: https://www.ophea.net/node/6944 – You will need your OPHEA username and password to access module.
Issue 5 Vol 1 April 2017 – HOTLINE NUMBER INSIDE ISSUE
Sept. 2017 – From Parachute Canada and Niagara Region public health
From November 2017 from Niagara Region Public Health and Emergency Services:
Concussion Prevention Resources and Services https://niagararegion.ca/health/activity-nutrition/concussions/default.aspx
*Fun-Team Up Speak Up Social Media Sport Concussion Prevention https://concussionfoundation.org/programs/team-up-speak-up
How to Participate” Flyer PDF (Athletes) https://concussionfoundation.org/sites/default/files/Team%20Up%20Day/How_To_Participate_Athletes_2017.pdf
“How to Participate” Flyer PDF (Coaches) https://concussionfoundation.org/sites/default/files/Team%20Up%20Day/How_To_Participate_Coaches_2017.pdf
“How to Participate” Flyer PDF (Parents) https://concussionfoundation.org/sites/default/files/Team%20Up%20Day/How_To_Participate_Parents_2017.pdf