NCDSB MISSION STATEMENT
The Niagara Catholic District School Board, through the charisms of faith, social justice, support and leadership, nurtures an enriching Catholic learning community for all to reach their full potential and become living witness of Christ.
Play like a champion TODAY!!!!!
Play Like a Champion today views sport as a ministry, and challenges coaches and the entire Catholic school community to develop the whole athlete: physically, mentally, and spiritually. The goal is to enhance our Catholic school athletic experience.”
- Develop the skills and the morals of high school athletes
- Maximize their athlete’s performance by setting targeted, appropriate goals
- Understand the critical role that team community plays in sports
- Instil a sense of accountability and ownership in their athletes
- Recognize and address signs of abuse, including steroid use, bullying, and behavioral misconduct
- Build strategic, beneficial partnerships with parents.
Play Like a Champion Today utilize the GROW approach—a formula for success:
|Goals + Relationships + Ownership = Winning|
Utilizing the GROW approach, coaches lead with the pastoral training required to coach athletes that succeed on the field and that develop into virtuous adults. The Play Like a Champion Today approach to coaching leads to an improved sport experience for all involved in the game.
- Athletes experience less “burn out” stay active for more years in sports.
- Coaches gain an increased sense of purpose and pride in contributing to their school’s Catholic mission.
- Parents report greater satisfaction with their child’s athletic experience.
- School administrators enjoy the benefits of professionally trained coaches committed to the Catholic identity of their school.