Welcome to the Special Olympics page!
NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER November 2018 Newsletter
Niagara Sports Festival (Elementary) is November 21st, 2018
Virtual Track and Field results due December 1st, 2018
Welcome back to another great school year! The 2018/2019 School Year is set to be the biggest and most exciting year of SOO School Programs to date!
We have a slew of new programs and resources that are outlined in our attached 2018/2019 School Programs Booklet as well as the September 2018 Newsletter. Please take a read through them both and see what we have coming down the pipe!
A couple of very important reminders that I wanted to highlight here first!
· 2019 SOO Invitation Youth Games – this year, in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Special Olympics movement, Special Olympics Ontario is hosting the world in Toronto! The 2019 School Championships is being run this year as the 2019 Invitational Youth Games. Teams in Ontario will still qualify through their local provincial qualifiers. Please check out our Newsletter for more information on the qualifying process and about the Games themselves. You can also learn more at http://youthgames2019.com/.
· Invitational Youth Games T–shirt Design Contest – SOO wants to see who can create the best design for the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) leading up to the 2019 Special Olympics Ontario Invitational Youth Games. Please see the attached flier for more information!
· 2018 Volunteer Conference – SOO is hosting a volunteer conference in Muskoka from November 2-4. Please use this link to indicate your interest in attending http://www1.specialolympicsontario.com/schools/2018-volunteer-conference-teacher-interest/. We will be reviewing all submissions and confirming with those attending via email. This conference will be a great professional development experience as well as an opportunity to learn more about Special Olympics Ontario and where School Programs fit into our overall model.
· Confirm your spot at your local events NOW – Registration for ALL of our events is now open. All Sports Festivals, Intermediate Competitions, and Secondary School Qualifiers are now live on our website! Go to http://www1.specialolympicsontario.com/schools/ for more information and to find the link to our Event Calendar!
· Please make sure to read through the Program Booklet, September 2018 Newsletter, and our website for more information about all of our new and improved programs, events, and resources. As per usual, should you have any comments, questions, or concerns about anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly!
Elementary contact:Josh Budush
Tel: 416 447 8326 ext. 246
Fax: 416 447 6336
SOO Badminton Competition coming to Niagara College – Welland Campus (Athletic Centre) on May 9th, 2018.
Schools can enter up to 3 Competitive teams (4 athletes maximum per team) and 12 Recreational athletes. For this event, there is no Unified.
There will be a tournament format for the Competitive teams as well as ‘Intro to Badminton’ games and activities for the recreational athletes.
Registration can be completed at our website http://www1.specialolympicsontario.com/schools/badminton/
Click any of the links for more information about Special Olympics.
3 on 3 Basketball-November-15th-2016
A great day of 3 on 3 had by all! Thanks to Mr. Tessier for the pics.
Click the link below for more Special Olympics information
Some of our 2107 Results: