Play Like a Champion today views sport as a ministry, and challenges coaches and the entire Catholic school community to develop the whole athlete: physically, mentally, and spiritually. The goal is to enhance our Catholic school athletic experience.”
- Develop the skills and the morals of high school athletes
- Maximize their athlete’s performance by setting targeted, appropriate goals
- Understand the critical role that team community plays in sports
- Instil a sense of accountability and ownership in their athletes
- Recognize and address signs of abuse, including steroid use, bullying, and behavioral misconduct
- Build strategic, beneficial partnerships with parents.
Play Like a Champion Today utilize the GROW approach:
|Goals + Relationships + Ownership = Winning|
Utilizing the GROW approach, coaches lead with the pastoral training required to coach athletes that succeed on the field and that develop into virtuous adults. The Play Like a Champion Today approach to coaching leads to an improved sport experience for all involved in the game.
- Athletes experience less “burn out” stay active for more years in sports.
- Coaches gain an increased sense of purpose and pride in contributing to their school’s Catholic mission.
- Parents report greater satisfaction with their child’s athletic experience.
- School administrators enjoy the benefits of professionally trained coaches committed to the Catholic identity of their school.
Play Like a Champion Prayer Book
Official Website: https://www.playlikeachampion.org/